Our library offers a large variety of eServices.
You can download great titles to your PC, tablet or smartphone. The BorrowBox app makes it easy to browse, borrow and read or listen to your library eBooks and eAudiobooks anywhere, everywhere. Simply login with your member details to access the library's collection of eBooks and eAudiobooks.
- To get started download the app from the App Store or Google Play
- You can borrow eBooks and eAudio for two weeks and up to six at any one time. You can also renew and reserve any of the resources.
- Borrowbox for members of MidCoast Libraries
indyreads™ provides access to a statewide collection of independent Australian and international titles, classic literature and modern award-winning titles in eBook and eAudio format. Loans are for 21 days and you can renew and reserve titles. Indyreads is an initiative of the State Library of NSW.
- To get started download the Indyreads app from the App Store or Google Play for your phone or tablet. To read Indyreads titles on your PC you will will Adobe DRM installed.
- Have a look at the great titles available from Indyreads.
Story Box Library
Great kids books read by well known faces
Libby - eMagazines, eAudio & eBooks
From 25 February our RBdigital ebooks, audiobooks and magazines are moving to the Libby app. You will continue to be able to browse, borrow, and enjoy all the same great ebooks, audiobooks and magazines you loved in the RBdigital app, now available in Libby.
Transition from RBdigital
- If you currently have a book checked out in the RBdigital app, it will be available through the remainder of the lending period. Holds will not be moved, but you can move your Transaction History from the RBdigital websites by accessing My Account > Profiles. You can place holds on those titles again in Libby. For the time being, you can continue to use the RBdigital app.
Getting Started with Libby
We continue to offer you a wide selection of digital titles for you to access anytime, anywhere through Libby, the one-tap reading app. For those who have not yet tried the Libby app, all you need to get started is your library card number and your Password (This is your Date of Birth). The Libby app is easy to use and will guide you through the setup process and get you connected to our library in just a few minutes. You can find in-app support, or visit the Help site or Libby Academy within the app for assistance.
New to ebooks and audiobooks?
In just a few taps, you can start reading or listening instantly on your phone or tablet. The digital library is available 24/7 without leaving home and is free from our library. Choose from bestsellers, fiction, nonfiction, books for kids, and more. Download the Libby app to get started.
From 25 February RBdigital will move to the Libby App by Overdrive.
RBdigital - eMagazines, eAudio & eBooks
rbdigital lets you download the latest issue of over 60 popular titles. There is no limit to what you can borrow and there is no return date.
And, we have just added some classic novels and great new titles you can download using the same RBdigital app.
Beanstack Reading Challenges
Join in the fun for our Reading Challenges!
1. Download the Beanstack app from your app store
or access the Beanstack service https://midcoastlibraries.beanstack.org
2. Search for MidCoast Libraries (AUS)
3. Create an account
4. Start adding readers
5. Join the Summer Reading Club Challenge and start logging books read to receive virtual badges and prizes
Haynes Car & Motorcycle Manuals
Haynes Manuals AllAccess is a library of manuals covering a vast range of car and motorcycle makes and models, with up-to-date content including common repairs, routine maintenance and servicing procedures.Library members will be able to access the manuals directly on the library computers but also from home using their library card number.
Kanopy - live streaming movies
Streaming now for free with you library card. Enjoy a large collection of award-winning films and documentaries. You will also find films for children, with Kanopy Kids.
See what's on offer at Kanopy
PrinterOn - Print from Anywhere
Send print jobs here or via the PrinterOn app
Online access to the world's most famous and respected encyclopedia
Who Else Writes Like?
Not sure which author to read next or you want to go in a new reading direction. Who Else Writes Like? can help you decide. Or if you are looking for children's books, the kids version Who Next? is the place to start.
Online Jigsaw Puzzles
Do you enjoy jigsaw puzzles? We have turned some of our local history images into online puzzles. Find them at MidCoast Libraries Jigsaw Planet.